[Samba] Smbd won't start

Edward Maris Edward.Maris at reuters.com
Mon Apr 19 11:17:38 GMT 2004

Hi Samba gurus

I've just installed Samba on two machines, a Sun Fire V880 and an
Enterprise E450.

The E450 works perfectly, users from our internal PC LAN can connect to
it without any problems...

The V880 install went without a hitch, but for some reason I can't get
the smbd to run, even after manually starting it. I've checked the
/etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf, but find the error.

Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you

edi

Edward Maris

Project Support Engineer