[Samba] Problem with Linux clients of Samba member server in Active Directory environment

Kalin Krustev k_krustev at mail.bg
Sun Apr 18 15:22:40 GMT 2004

Hello Everyone,
I've started Samba server, that is joined to Active Directory structure
in my office. I'm not starting winbind yet, and now I have some unix
accounts, which are mapped to their corresponding Windows Active
Directory accounts via /etc/samba/smbusers file. I use Kerberos client
for authentication of Windows AD users. On Windows clients, I have no
problems with logging to this samba server and providing access to
shares. But I meet problems with authentication and access to samba from
Linux boxes and, specially, access with Konqueror via smb:// protocol.
When I try to access with smb://salso002/ (salso002 is host name of my
samba server), I can see all shares, but when I click on one of them,
and write the user and password in login window, Konqueror do not accept
user/password pair and show the login windows again. I've tried various
ways of writing user name, such as "username at MYREALM",
"MYREALM/username", "MYREALM\username", when MYREALM is full name of KDC
in Active Directory, but Konqueror answers with messages like "Access
denied" or "The file or directory ... does not exist". The same is
happen even I try access samba with Konqueror on the same machine, samba
is installed. When I use smbclient with "-k" option on the same machine
where is samba server, I can accessed resources, but via Konqueror, I
can not.

I'm asking for your help to solve this problem.
And, I wondered is it possible Linux machines, that are NOT joined to
Active Directory domain to access the samba server, that is member
server in that domain?

Thank you in advance!

My smb.conf file is:

# Global parameters