[Samba] worrying about profile-integrety (Folder redirection)

malte.mueller at ewetel.net malte.mueller at ewetel.net
Sat Apr 17 15:09:38 GMT 2004

Hi,

the samba-3 by example book explains how to set up folder redirection. If I get
it right, it takes two steps:
1.: Enable folder redirection in the user-profiles,
2.: exclude redirected folders from roaming.

Step 2 has to be done on each workstation.
Do I have to fear corrupted profiles when performing step two some time (weeks)
after step one?
What happens when users somteimes log on to workstations where redirected
folders are excluded from roaming and sometimes to other ones? Would that lead
to data loss?

Thanks for comments,
Malte Mueller