[Samba] Another domain browse problem

adm_volexvn at pmail.vnn.vn adm_volexvn at pmail.vnn.vn
Sat Apr 17 01:24:18 GMT 2004

HI,
I have similar problem and i disable the "Computer browser" service on
Windows 2000 as it always assume that itself was browse master and does not
accept samba. After that it is OK.

vinh tran
volex cable assy (Vietnam)

                    "Rafael Paris" <rparis at hotelmaruma.com>
                    Sent by:                                      To:     <samba at lists.samba.org>
                    samba-bounces+vinh_tran=hn.vnn.vn at lists       cc:
                    .samba.org                                    Subject:     [Samba] Another domain browse problem

                    04/17/04 03:34 AM

Hi.

We have two networks, one on Windows 2000 and another in SAMBA.

I can browse the windows domain but they can't. They don't even see the
domain.

My smb.conf includes

Domain master = Yes

Preferred master = Yes

Domain logons = Yes

Does windows domain need to have a well working dns server?

Cheers,

Rafael