[Samba] add machine script wont add Postfix account

Jérôme Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Thu Apr 15 12:23:29 GMT 2004

Le Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 04:06:38PM +0100, Stagiair a ecrit:
> When we add a client pc (win2k) to our domain everything goes well
> except that the add machine script wont run.
> A computer will be created within the lDAP directory but not with the
> add machine script.
I don't have answer to your problem, but i have 2 remarks...

>        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
>        add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m %u
>        add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
>        delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl -r %u
>        add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl %g
>        delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel.pl %g
>        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod.pl -G %g %u
Those scripts are old. You should maybe use the latest one (be careful to
the configutation file: there are 2 files now located in
/etc/smbldap-tools and the script does not have the .pl extension anymore)

> After login the following entry will be made in LDAP:
> uid=tmc-ontwikkelpc$,ou=computers,o=T3E,c=nl
> objectClass: sambaSamAccount
> This is a really different schema, and this is the one that we need.
> Anyone  sees what were doing wrong?
The sambaSAMAccount is added by samba itself when joining the domain.
--
Jérôme