[Samba] OpenLDAP,heimdal kerberos,sasl, wich order?

Diego Julian Remolina dijuremo at math.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 15 11:47:15 GMT 2004

If you want to see the order on how to compile them and get them to work
then look at:

http://www.math.gatech.edu/~dijuremo/ldap/

If you have a Native Windows PDC and samba is acting as a secondary then
you can have kerberos authentication against the windows PDC kerberos.
This is done with a cross-realm authentication trick as I was told by
Gerald Carter (one of the developers of samba).
Samba 3 does not support kerberos auths without having a Windows PDC with
Active Directory.  If you do not have a native windows pdc then you need
to authenticate against the passwords stored in tdbsam or ldapsam but not
on kerberos.

Diego