[samba] smbfs wrong file size

Lapin(c) lapin at linagora.com
Thu Apr 15 09:37:04 GMT 2004

Hi team,

i've got a behaviour that i can't explain at all
i'm running a Linux, debian unstable, samba packages version is 3.0.2a, kernel
versions are 2.4.22 / 2.6.1 and 2.6.4. FS is XFS.
when i mount a share on an HP-UX/ASU server, i can see files with their real
size, but when i try to copy them on my HD it appears to be 4GB !
When i try to open a file directly from remote, it's just impossible.
I've already mounted this share successfully, it just happens suddenly...

has anyone an idea about this problem ?

many thanks