[Samba] Unexpected results with DOS COPY command and Samba 3.0.2

Josh Lindenmuth jlindenmuth at paytimepayroll.com
Wed Apr 14 23:10:51 GMT 2004

The DOS copy command does not seem to work as expected with Samba.  There
are 2 bugs (or issues with our configuration):
1.  Copying with a wildcard does not maintain dates (e.g. 'copy
G:\SMBNET\file?.txt G:\SMBNET\OUT\' changes the dates to today on Win98 and
prior)
2.  Copying with a wildcard for a single file creates an incomplete file
(e.g. 'copy G:\SMBNET\large?.exe file7.exe' will create a 6K file even
though the source is 3M - using xcopy or the full path name works fine)

I realize COPY in a DOS .BAT is not the greatest way to move around data,
but we have 100's of old DOS batch files that are still using copy commands
that I'd hate to mess with.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
josh