[Samba] protection fault after installing printer driver

Felix samba at mayaxatl.org
Wed Apr 14 18:30:27 GMT 2004

Hello

I'm running Samba 2.2.8a as a domain controller/printer server. I have a HP
Deskjet 5150 printer. My windows workstation runs win2000.
I've installed the drivers for that printer to the right location on the
[print$]-share. I've used the connect-option in win2000 to install the printer
locally and the driver files got copied.
Configured samba as told in the HOWTO's.

Here's my problem: when I right-click on the printer icon to retrieve its
properties, I get a popup with the following text:

Function address 0x6064b171 caused a protection fault. (exception 0xc0000005)
Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.

Also, my applications tend to crash when I try to print something.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

regards,

Felix