[Samba] Add printer wizard (XP)

Hamish captainmish at gmx.net
Wed Apr 14 11:54:02 GMT 2004

Hello list
I have been really wowed by samba 3 so far, i just have one last mission
to complete... please help!
I have samba 3.0.2a-SuSE installed on a SuSE 9.0 box. It uses winbind to
authenticate against a win server 2003 box - this seems to work fine,
users can own files and this is shown when getfacl is run on the shares
(owned by DOMAIN\User).
The last problem i have is adding printers...
The add printer wizard shows for the windows domain administrator, and
he can add a printer right untill the last screen of the wizard - when
he clicks the finish button, it shows the error:

Add Printer Wizard
Unable to Install Printer. Access is denied.

The only thing i can think of is that he has no permission to add a cups
printer? The driver files are correctly copied across to PRINT$, but
then straight after this the error appears.

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        server string = samba test
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = pwdserver
        log level = 1
        syslog = 0
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        printcap name = CUPS
        os level = 2
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        admin users = MYDOMAIN\administrator
        printer admin = MYDOMAIN\administrator
        printing = cups
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/tmp
        write list = MYDOMAIN\administrator
        create mask = 0600
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
        admin users = @ntadmin, root, MYDOMAIN\administrator
        write list = @ntadmin, root, MYDOMAIN\administrator
        printer admin = @ntadmin, root, MYDOMAIN\administrator
        read only = No
        create mask = 0644
        guest ok = Yes

As stated, everything else seems to be working fine.
/var/lib/samba/drivers is owned by MYDOMAIN\Administrator and is chmod
777 (desperate!)
/var/tmp is 777
@ntadmin is a mapped group of Domain Admins

Thanks in advance!