[Samba] wbinfo -a is failing

Jim Smith elemint1 at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 13 19:28:34 GMT 2004

I have been reading the FAQ and the online samba how to's and been googeling to find out why wbinfo is failing on me.

I am tryitng to use wbinfo -a domainname\\username%password to authenticate to my MS AD domain but what is happening is every time I try I get the following output.

plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS (0xc000005e)
error messsage was: No logon servers
Could not authenticate user domain\username%password with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS (0xc000005e)
error messsage was: No logon servers
Could not authenticate user doamin\username with challenge/response

OS Debian
Samba 3.0.2a-1

Jim