[Samba] Getting stats for logged in domain users?

Frode Lillerud frode at lillerud.no
Sun Apr 11 14:52:35 GMT 2004

Samba 3.0.2a, Debian linux, 2.6.x kernel, PDC server, WinXP clients.

Hi, I'm setting up a samba server for one of our branch offices.

During the monitoring of the server I'd like to be able to view how many
domain users, and which ones, are logged in on the domain at particular
times. The users use WinXP.

Is there any way of getting number of logged on domainusers, their IP's
or usernames?

My alternative way is to write a perl script to analyze the samba
logfiles.

Thanks
Frode