[Samba] permissions to add samba to domain

T M forspm at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 18:11:04 GMT 2004

Hi all,

When I run net ads join to join a samba server to an AD domain, the account is created in the OU.  However the command just sits there afterwards.  If I create the account first then join, the same thing happens.

I've tried all sorts of things to find out what's wrong to no avail.  Now I'm wondering about the account I'm using to join.  The account that I used to join has restrictions.  It has the ability to create and delete accounts.  Do joining need more permissions than that?

Thanks
Ted