[Samba] Samba and LDAP backend - howto docs problems?

Wim Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Thu Apr 8 17:04:26 GMT 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 18:00, Paul Gienger wrote:
> Did you remember to do a "smbpasswd -w <manager password>" to store the
> password for the manager's dn in the secrets.tdb file?

Yes , I did, but no succes, connection failed because of invalid credentials.
I changed the following in the example as described in the reference guide
though:

According to the book:
#ldap admin dn = cn=Manager

Changed to:
#ldap admin dn = "cn=Manager,dc=unetix,dc=nl"

And after issuing again the smbpasswd -w <passwd> :
#Setting stored password for "cn=Manager,dc=unetix,dc=nl" in secrets.tdb

I get the following error when issuing the follwing command:

#root at fileserver:/install/openldap-2.1.19# net groupmap list
#[2004/04/08 19:44:27, 0] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search_domain_info(1350)
# Adding domain info for UNETIX failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

So, what's wrong next ?

TIA
Wim Bakker