[Samba] Shared printer point-the-point client XP in Domain samba

Rogério Oliveira Naressi ronaress at esalq.usp.br
Wed Apr 7 19:58:11 GMT 2004

  Hello, all !!

  I have Samba 2.2.3a-13 (Debian) as Domain master. I have
stations
between them W2K, WXP, W98. All making logon in the domain
perfectly.
  I have some shared printers point-the-point, the ones that
are shared
in station W98 obtain to print normally of all station.
Already the
printers that are shared in the station XP, I do not obtain
to print.
  When trying to install or to capture the printer shared in
client WXP,
is asked for using and password.
  The funny one is that until yesterday it was everything
functioning,
this already made 6 months more than, today it does not
function more.
  It stows making this week tests to install printer saw
Samba+Cups.
But already I came back original file smb.conf and it did
not advance.

  Have you any suggestions?

My smb.conf
[global]
        workgroup = NomeDoDominio
        netbios name = NomeDoServidor
        server string = NomeDoDominio
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        unix password sync = Yes
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        name resolve order = wins
        printcap name = cups
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g
100 -s /bin/false -M %u
        logon script = %U.bat
        logon path =
        logon drive = h:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 255
        preferred master = True
        domain master = True
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        printer admin = root, ronaress
        printing = cups

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        force create mode = 0700
        security mask = 0700
        force security mode = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        force directory mode = 0700
        directory security mask = 0700
        force directory security mode = 0700
        browseable = No

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon

[printers]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /var/spool/samba/printers
        printer admin = root,ronaress
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /var/spool/samba/printers
        write list = root
        printer admin = root,ronaress
        printable = Yes

    Rogério Oliveira Naressi

IPEF - Instit. de Pesq. e Est. Florestais -
http://www.ipef.br
Depto de Ciênc. Florestais-ESALQ/USP -
http://lcf.esalq.usp.br