[Samba] Samba (2.2.8a or 3.0.2a) + WinXP not updating roaming profiles on logout

Jim Shanks jim at shanks.cc
Wed Apr 7 16:47:21 GMT 2004

Here's the smb.conf on my test server, I tried it last night, and the
profiles are storing fine.  You should note the %a at the end of the
profiles share.  That allow you to differentiate between different
versions of the OS (NT/2K/XP) etc.  I used SWAT to create this one, so it
has been optimized and some of the unneeded/default perameters don't show
up.  If you open this one in SWAT, you will see all of the defaults.

Jim

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.0.3 (192.168.0.3)
# Date: 2004/02/28 10:33:24

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TEST
        server string = Test Samba Domain Controller
        interfaces = eth1, lo
        update encrypted = Yes
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/passdb.tdb
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        passwd program = /bin/passwd %u
        unix password sync = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        time server = Yes
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
/bin/false -M %u;passwd -l %u
        logon script = netlogon.bat
        logon path = \\%L\%U\.profile\%a
        logon drive = H: