[Samba] Samba disbales accounts

Tilo Lutz TiloLutz at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 13:34:05 GMT 2004

Hi

Jerry wrote:
> please file a bug report is the default action is to disable
> the account after one bad password attempt.  Thanks.

I found a possible problem in may setup. I've installed samba but didn't
included the new samba ldap schema which include new attriutes, e.g.
sambaBadPasswordCount.

I think the error is gone after I've installed the new schema.

I think samba has tried to do some ldap actions with new attributes but had
some trouble with them because the new attributes didn't exists in ldap
schema.
I think thats the reason samba has disabled the account.

Can anybody confirm this behavior?

Should I fill out a bug report althought it is possible my fault?

Tilo