[Samba] Re: Samba (2.2.8a or 3.0.2a) + WinXP not updating roaming profiles on logout

Jeff Umbach jeff at hangar-eleventeen.com
Tue Apr 6 16:37:05 GMT 2004

The profile share is necessary for Win2k/WinXP clients, otherwise they won't
know where to save the profiles to.

"Jim Shanks" <jim at shanks.cc> wrote in message
news:1313.66.163.131.239.1081259608.squirrel at www.shanks.cc...
I have working 3.0.2a and 2.2.8a domain controllers.  The only thing that
I see that is significantly different in your conifguration to our
configuration is that we have a [profiles] share.

[profiles]
        comment = Personal Profile Folder
        path = \\%L\%U\profile
        read only = No