[Samba] Version 3.0.2a and Windows XP

Patrick Camenzind patrick.camenzind at gmx.net
Tue Apr 6 22:17:07 GMT 2004

Hello Samba Support Team,

...I've just updated my samba from 2.2.7a to 3.0.2a and now have one big
problem:

in one directory in a samba share I store over 6000 files, all in this
single directory without subdirectories... my Explorer (WinXP SP1) only
shows 3134 of 6062 files!!!

when this share is mapped on a SuSE 9.0 Workstation all 6062 files are
available but the first time this directory is listet there are a big
number of files with 0kb in size... when the directory is opened after
all files are good!!!

I played around with various parameters in smb.conf under protocol and
tuning section... no change

I also observerd that always the same file are missing in Explorer and
also there are always 3134 files listed and no more.

I apreciate your help

thnx a lot, Patrick