[Samba] Browsing a domain under a samba PDC

Gianni Mariani gianni at coral8.com
Tue Apr 6 03:36:07 GMT 2004

I have a number of XP machines using Samba 3.0.2a (as well as 2 other
Linux boxes running samba) and when browsing the domain under WinXP I
can see all the samba machines but the XP machines are not there.

I've read about everything, I have Wins set up and being announced by
the DHCP server, I have the other samba servers not competing for domain
browsing etc.  On the PDC, the /var/cache/samba/browse.dat shows all the
machines (including those not in the domain).

I've resorted to writing a script that parses browse.dat and presents a
web page !

Any other ideas on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks