[Samba] Accessing samba machine with IP address but not withfqdn/hostnam e

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Mon Apr 5 18:55:30 GMT 2004

What version of Kerberos are you running on your box?
Upgrade to 1.3.1 (or higher) and it may work for you.
I think older versions of Kerberos may not be working
with Active Directory servers.  I had the same issue,
and upgrading my Kerberos version solved the problem.

When you map via IP address, it is using NTLM, AFAIK.
When you map via hostname, it is using Kerberos, which
if you have an old version, is not going to work right.

Thanks,
Scott Moseman