[Samba] Samba 3.0.x and Netapp filers

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Apr 5 09:55:05 GMT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:40:57AM +0200, Thomas Eitzenberger wrote:

> Our support states a cite from netapp as: "samba is not compliant with
> the specs"
>
> Could anyone suply me with ammunition to counter that or knows why the
> netapp does not allow to authenticate/connect (even not for only listing
> the shares)

This is untrue. If you're having problems please
escalate up NetApp support - if you keep having difficulty
I can give you some contacts within NetApp to get support
to give you the right answer.

We test with NetApp at Connectathon and at the CIFS
conference, up to and including joining NetApp filers
to a Samba domain.

Samba and NetApp filers work very well together.

Jeremy.