[Samba] oplock windows XP client

Alexander Gretencord Alexander.Gretencord at gedoplan.de
Sat Apr 3 15:59:04 GMT 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 15:02, Marc Chachereau wrote:
>   oplock_break failed for file POSITION CONTRATS GRANEA/Contrats et
> PAF.xls
> [2004/04/02 15:27:50, 0] smbd/oplock.c:oplock_break(843)
>   oplock_break: client failure in break - shutting down this smbd.
> I don't know what an oplock is and I need your help to solve this problem.

I didn't either. But theres plenty of docu out there that explains what an
oplock is. And there are even some bugfixes for Windows XP available at
Microsoft (see the Knowledge Base). Ich was not able to solve my windows
2000/Samba 3 problems with oplocks from the archives or the MS KB but I came
across many many posts which you should also read and try out. Especially
since there are some fixes for Windows XP available (which were just not
applicable for my situation but might be for yours then).

Alex