[Samba] Problem between Samba and Windows XP

Cleiton L. Siqueira cleiton at websystem.com.br
Fri Apr 2 17:28:11 GMT 2004

Hi people,

I've had trouble to make work samba server 2.2.8 of freebsd ports, set to
act as a PDC, using Windows XP.
I've already done many things and I haven't had success.
I've inserted trusted machines in passwd and smbpasswd files.

The settings are below:

[global]
server string = Servidor Samba
domain logons = yes
security = user
workgroup = SERVIDOR
os level = 20
admin users = root
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
logon script = %U.bat
logon home = \\adm\perfis\%U
logon path = \\adm\perfis\%U
logon drive = no
encrypt passwords = yes
hosts allow = 10.0.1. 127.
interfaces = 10.0.1.2/32
log level = 3
log file = /var/log/samba/%U.log
max log size = 50
nt pipe support = yes
nt smb support = yes
nt status support = yes

I've set Windows XP to accept domain server. I've used admin user (root)
which has rigths to do it.
It's work fine.

The problem occurs when I try to log in Windows XP. Windows XP tell me that
user doesn't exist or domain server is inoperante.

Could you please help me about it?

Thanks in advance.

--
\"Se você tem dificuldade para enxergar a beleza, então feche os olhos que
você a verá por uma nova luz\"