[Samba] why "xcopy /d" doesn't work

sgtphou at fire-eyes.dynup.net sgtphou at fire-eyes.dynup.net
Fri Apr 2 15:46:49 GMT 2004

Curious. I wonder if this is related to problems me and others have been having
when trying to keep linux / windows shares in sync using rsync? In short, we
would try to sync up, and some files that weren't modified would get re-sent,
or even deleted, even when they still existed. The next pass, the deleted files
would get re-sent, and a totally different set of files would be deleted even
though the exist, repeat.

We have not found a resolution, and aren't sure if it's samba, rsync, or both.
Also using samba 3.