[Samba] Samba as NAS (Serving Win+Linux)

Michael Bellears MBellears at staff.datafx.com.au
Fri Apr 2 13:08:30 GMT 2004

I am in the process of setting up a file server to serve both
Linux+Windows boxes (Users Maildirs(qmail), WebSites(With quotas),
etc..)

Is there any reasons one would not just run Samba? (Probably get a
biased opinion on this list!) - I have never used NFS, but have been
told it was "a total bandwidth whore"..

Would also appreciate anyones experiences(Difficulty in setting up,
scalability etc) with using either LDAP, Kerberos or (maybe?) Radius for
auth - As I've heard NIS has security issues..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MB