[Samba] Redhat AS 3

Jay Fenlason fenlason at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 20:26:03 GMT 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 05:07:27PM -0800, jamie wrote:
> Does anyone know if on Redhat AS 3, The Samba 3 Rpms have ldapsam_compat
> compiled in? I am trying to get it working and so far not having any luck. -

They don't.  Red Hat never shipped a 2.2 version of Samba with LDAP
support, so there was no requirement for the 3.0 RPMS to support it.

You can always grab the .spec file from the source RPM and look at the
configure line in it.  The spec file can tell you everything you need
to know about how the binary RPMs were made.

			-- JF