[Samba] samba oplocks ...

victor mejia vazquez vmejia77 at mixmail.com
Thu Apr 1 00:28:45 GMT 2004

I've tried to configure samba to lock files bewteen windows and linux but i couldn't i've
read a lot of messages here, but trere is no one that have something about the file smb.conf.

i have this in my global secction but i doesn't work
[global]
        workgroup =3D GMC
        create mask =3D 0777
        os level =3D 16
        directory mask =3D 0777
        hosts allow =3D 192.168.0., 127.
        share modes =3D no
        max log size =3D 1000
        lock directory =3D /tmp/samba/lock
        level2 oplocks =3D yes
        strict locking =3D yes
        kernel oplocks =3D Yes
        blocking locks =3D Yes
        fake oplocks =3D No
        oplocks =3D Yes
        level2 oplocks =3D Yes

can anybody give me suggestions, maybe someone has te same problem..

thank you