[Samba] File not found error when opening from a shortcut

Jean-Rene Cormier jean-rene.cormier at cipanb.ca
Tue Sep 30 14:08:23 GMT 2003

I know this might not really be a Samba problem but since a lot of you
guys have to deal with people using Access databases stored on Samba
servers I though I'd ask anyway.

I have a Samba 2.2.8a PDC that have some Access database files and I got
a weird problem when trying to open a file from a shortcut. When I open
it directly I don't have any problem but if I do a shortcut to it,
Access will open the file and then put a File not found error after the
file is loaded. I tried with another user and it didn't make that error.
Anybody has an idea why it's doing that?

BTW I have veto oplock files = /*.dba/*.dbm/*.mdb/*.MDB/ in my smb.conf
file

Jean-Rene Cormier