[Samba] Samba, Redhat 9.0, Not doign ACl.. (cannot load Userlist at this time)

Ron Liu rliu at email.sjsu.edu
Tue Sep 30 14:09:25 GMT 2003

I think I've seen similiar thing..... Let's try a couple of things

1. on client site, try login as a brand new domain account to make sure the
PDC still can do authentication. We just want to make sure the
authentication communication between pdc and the client machine are OK. If
the client is win xp don't forget to set the registry key.

2. If you can ssh to the RH 9 pdc with a normal user account. When this
happen to me last time I found myself I can not ssh to the pdc box other
than root account. The root cause is that the mod was screwed up in /etc
directory. Make sure the mod of /etc is 755.

Regards

Ron Liu
Information Technology Consultant
Biology Department