[Samba] RE : S3+CUPS+PDF pseudo printer : print command not functional on service

Jérôme Fenal jerome.fenal at logicacmg.com
Tue Sep 30 07:24:50 GMT 2003

Thanks for your answer.
So for my PDF printer, I switched back to BSD printing (calling cups-lpd), and keeped the local (to PDF printer) print command definition. It works now. I still had to add to cups (which automatically generates the /etc/printcap file) a fake printer with the name of the pdf printer (to avoid the loss of the manual addendum to /etc/printcap for the pdf printer).

Best regards,

Jerome