[Samba] Testpram question

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Sep 29 22:31:12 GMT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Karl Banasky wrote:

> Hello.  I am looking at using SAMBA 3.0.0 on a RedHat 9 server.  Have a
> 2.2.8 working.  I am having trouble with documents about 3.0.0.  Any
> recommendations would be great, thanks. Now the question.  I ran
> testpram on a 3.0.0 install and I get a "Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE"
> What is this? I see no reference to this. Thanks for the help.

Karl,

What problems are you having with the documentation for 3.0.0? I'd like to
help, but your complaint is not clear.

There is in the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf that you will find in the
~samba/docs directory of the samba-3.0.0 tarball a chapter called "Server
Types and Security Modes" and there is a chpater on "Stand-Alone Server"
configuration. Please help me to understand what I should have put into
the document that is not there. What did I get wrong? I am sure something
is wrong with the documentation if you believe this to be the case. Just
one request though, please help me to understand what I did wrong so it
can be fixed.

Cheers,
John T.
--