[Samba] nested logon scripts

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Sep 29 19:40:33 GMT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Andre de Koning wrote:

> I Have my users organised in 1: Whole Company, 2: Department, 3: User
>
> I need a logon script that executes certain comments for all users, certain
> commands per department and certain comments per user.
>
> For user andre in department sales it would thus execute all.cmd, sales.cmd
> and andre.cmd
>
> Is this possible?
> (I'm using samba 3.0 as DC with LDAP)

Have you considered using a tool like 'ntlogon' or so. Refer to the
Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf (for Samba-3) - chapter on "Advanced Network
Management". This is also in "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference
Guide" book available from Prentice Hall. You can pre-order your copy on
Amazon now.

An alternative is to use KixStart. Do a google search for this tool.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org