[Samba] changing share name?

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Mon Sep 29 17:52:24 GMT 2003

Tom Dickson wrote:

> Try doing smbclient -l //servername -U username%password
>
> then you should see a share named [username]
>
> Other than that, I don't know.
>
> Windows network neighborhood will not see all the shares, as some are
> hidden. They will only see theirs, as [homes] is hidden.
>
> - -Tom

Hi!

I need samba server to change the share name. The [homes] section is
creating a share for every user in my system. This is cool because I
don't have to add a share for each user. But when I list the shares with
smbclient, or under windows I see this:

//user/homes

I think that would be much better if I could see this:

//user/user_home
or
//user/user

I hope this is possible.