[Samba] Samba 3.0.0-1 user privileges problem

Joe Daily jdaily at qnetalpha.com
Sat Sep 27 09:32:18 GMT 2003

I have samba 3.0.0-1 server running as a PDC, laptop x and workstation y

Now when i am logged in as the DOMAIN\*anyuser and i go to control panel
user accounts; it says that the user does not have the needed permissions
and asked for user/password/domain. If i put in root/password/domain. it
continues to say that the user does not have the needed permissions and
asked for user/password/domain again.

Isn't the root acount the domain administrator.

All i really what to do is allow for my laptop and workstations to set the
time off my linux server using net time /domain:blah /set /y. Is there a
way i can have the samba server say that all users have power user or
administrator privilevge (it is just me) without having to mess with
windows.

On a side note, is there a flag(s) that can be placed into smbpasswd to
correct this?

a copy of my smb.conf file is avaible at
http://qnetalpha.com/linux/samba/smb.conf