[Samba] Samba3.0 final + LDAP -> bug in SWAT???

Ralph Bergmann mail4u at kingralph.de
Sat Sep 27 00:09:01 GMT 2003

Hallo!!!

I use samba 3.0 final with debian unstable. I have configured the
smb.conf with "swat".

   ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap machine suffix: ou=machines
   ldap user suffix: ou=people
   ldap group suffix: ou=groups
   ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap
   ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home

at the next run of "swat" it has changed as follows:
   ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap machine suffix: ou=machines,dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap user suffix: ou=people,dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap group suffix: ou=groups,dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap,dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home

at the next run of "swat" it has changed as follows:
   ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap machine suffix: ou=machines,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=dasr...
   ldap user suffix: ou=people,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...
   ldap group suffix: ou=groups,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...
   ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...
   ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...

and so on...

but "pdbedit" will only work with this:
   ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
   ldap machine suffix: ou=machines
   ldap user suffix: ou=people
   ldap group suffix: ou=groups
   ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap
   ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home

is it a bug???

ralph