[Samba] valid users = %S in rc4

Petty, Robert rpetty at DenverNewspaperAgency.com
Fri Sep 26 16:15:33 GMT 2003

The problem I have with this, using 2.2.8a on Solaris is any user can open
any other's home if they simply know the name of the other user.  logging in
as rpetty, I can open NOBODY, ROOT, UUCP etc.  I have to be able to limit
the ability.  What perplexes me is that even when I am not sharing [homes],
I can still open the "NOBODY" share.  Since nobody's home directory was "/"
it would open the root directory!  In case it matters, I am using Winbind
for my security model (security = domain) but am having considerable issues
with querying trusted domains.  Winbind is being very painful with 7-9
second connection times for each share or files within shares.  This only
happens when the Winbind timeout time lapses so I've bumped it up to 300
seconds.  Not _as_ painful but still too painful for production.