[Samba] Samba 3.0 + LDAP as PDC

Cybr0t McWhulf cybre at killcybre.org
Fri Sep 26 00:38:48 GMT 2003

At the risk of having my inbox flooded with another 10,000 Emails from
"Microsoft" proporting the "latest security update"..

Now that smb3.0 is out and about, I'd really like to use it for
authenticating windows users / PDC  (With BDC in the plans)

My problem is that there seems to be little to zero up to date
documentation on how to integrate Samba and LDAP, the most I found were a
couple oddball newsgroup postings and a "Samba 2.2.4/LDAP PDC howto" which
is well over a year old.

I have a working LDAP userstore authenticating linux/unix logons and
freeradius.  Samba is the last bit in a month-long project for centralized
authentication (due mid-next month *eep*)

In my latest exploits I got as far as authenticating users for share
access, (and ldap password sync, yay!) but I was unable to add machines
to the domain, which may be a group mapping issue (What was so bad about
"domain admin group"? :( )

I'm really just looking for some decent-recent (nearly idiot proof ;) )
instructions on how to accomplish this.

Thanks alot to anyone able to help,
"life saver" isn't the right term, but it's the first that comes to mind.

 -- Cybr0t McWhulf