[Samba] Active Directory

Russ Haskett webmaster at psysolutions.com
Thu Sep 25 19:24:29 GMT 2003

I have dug through some man pages, searched the archives for some time
and googled for info on this but nothing yet.

I'm sure this has been covered already so all I am really asking for is
if someone could point me in the right direction to where I can educate
myself on connecting my RedHat 9 workstation to our new Windows 2003
Active Directory file server. I can hit my Samba server and my NT
servers without a problem using the following in my /etc/fstab:

//winserver/share        /home/shares/sharename smbfs
credentials=/home/.smbpasswd,workgroup=DOMAIN,uid=500,gid=100 0 0

This even worked fine when I first fired up the 2003 server but it dies
on me with the following after I setup Active Directory:

[root at dirt source]# mount /home/shares/sharename
15736: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed
[root at dirt source]#

Any pointers to some good educating materials would greatly be
appreciated.

Thanks,

-russ