[Samba] Re: Winbind ldap samba 3 BDC getent passwd answer don't retrieve domain users, can't login on the domain with users that are not on /ect/passwd

gary ng garyng2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 13:32:00 GMT 2003

I have seen the same thing in my two installation of
beta2 and rc4. Some how, I forgot what I have played
around in beta2 and was later been able to do a
'getent passwd DOMAIN\\username' but can't repeat that
again. in my latest installation of RC4. I am
wondering if it has anything to do with the timing of
locating the correct domain controller to logon. As I
am experiencing very long delay when I do a 'net
user/group'. It takes may be 20 seconds before
prompting me the password and another 20 seconds or so
to give the result(which is correct). Still struggling
with the winbind thing and hope some experts can help
or tell me how to trace what is going on in
libnss_winbind.