[Samba] The first stable release of Samba 3.0 is available

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Thu Sep 25 12:10:21 GMT 2003

Hi, Jerry,

25. September 2003 at 06:59 you wrote:

GJC> [ and there was great rejoicing among the masses! And a
GJC>    tiny voice squeeked, "See, I told you they would get
GJC>    it out before the Linux 2.6 kernel" ]

GJC> The Samba Team is proud to announce the availability of the
GJC> first official release of the Samba 3.0 code base.

I hope it ain´t like Rusty Russell said on kerneltrap:

# JA: Focusing back on Kernel development, when do you expect the official release of the 2.6.0 kernel?
# Rusty Russell: From previous releases a pattern has emerged: exactly 6 months before it's ready.

;-)

I´m sure Samba 3.0.0 is as ready as can and I´m looking forward to
build it up and explore its new features.

I want to congratulate and thank the whole Samba Team on their amazing
work. It´s a precious part of all our OpenSource-experience.

Thank you.

Stefan G. Weichinger

mailto:monitor at oops.co.at