[Samba] Re: XP Pro connecting to PDC

Massimo Crisantemo digiland_oohay at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 25 08:25:26 GMT 2003

"Moondance Foxmarnick" <calabash at earthlink.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:5.2.1.1.2.20030924224440.038c0ec0 at mail.earthlink.net...
> Did you do the registry hack? They say to do it if you do not get the
> "Welcome to the domain" box, but I got that box and then couldn't log in
> with a user. I applied the hack and re-booted. Logged in without a
problem.

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SYSTEM - CurrentControlSet - Services - Netlogon -
> Parameters - requiresignorseal /change from 1 to 0
>
> At 01:30 PM 9/22/03 -0700, you wrote:
hi,
i don't know if i have understand correctly the thread but i my exerience to
let Xp join a NT domain i have to change few things..

- be sure that netBIOS is enabled in TCP/IP,
- second be sure that if DHCP server exists it pass the WINS server addres
to the client,
look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810497
look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314366
look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318266

normally the last one is the one that prevent xp to log in a NT domain (and
samba 2.2.x).

hope this help

Massimo