[Samba] Part 2: What is the meaning of create mask / directory mask

VMarco vmarco at bitsmart.com.my
Wed Sep 24 16:30:16 GMT 2003

What we are trying to do is something like where;

User A

User B

User C

User D

whereby User D's files can be read-write by only C,B ,A
whereby User C's files can be read-write by only B,A
whereby User B's files can be read-write by only A.

that is we want some hierachy . How do we do this ?

How do we set the permissions on the actual folders on the Hard Drives and how do we set the permissions in smb.conf ? Is there a
difference ? Will permissions on smb.conf override the actual folder permissions?
Thanx.

Marco

User