[Samba] RE: samba query

Vijay Upreti vijayu at mahindrabt.com
Wed Sep 24 16:29:48 GMT 2003

Hi,
  I am using samba for making a  search query on NT machine for 10,000 files
residing in Sun Server. As the number of files grow the CPU utilization of
each smbd connection made to the SAMBA server is increased heavily.
  My question is that what is making every such query (process)to samba
server( just search through files and pick the selected file) increasing
CPU.
  Can you please reply back as soon as possible as I need it for some urgent
purpose.

Many many thanks in advance.

regards
vijay upreti