[Samba] Charset

Gunther Schlegel schlegel at riege.com
Wed Sep 24 09:23:37 GMT 2003

> I have upgraded on my debian server from samba 2.2.3 (stable ) to samba
> 3.0rc4 (unstable).
> The only problem that I have on my PDC is that italian character as à (a') ù
> (u') etc. are non treated as they should and this can cause profiles non to
> load correctly.

- read the samba hoto collection chapters on migration from 2.2 and
unicode.
- find out the native charset of you OS and adjust the "unix charset"
parameter in smb.cond if it is not UTF-8.
- there is a nice utility "convmv" to convert existing filenames. You
find the download location in the samba howto, mentioned chapters.

regards, Gunther

--
Gunther Schlegel                    Riege Software International GmbH
Manager System Administration                            Mollsfeld 10

Disclaimer:
You may grab my GPG key from http://www.keyserver.net .
A nonproportional font is recommended for reading.