[Samba] (fwd from Michael.Pedigo@motorola.com) Core Dump issue with Solaris8 and 2.2.8a

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Sep 24 01:10:05 GMT 2003

----- Forwarded message from Pedigo Michael-G17060 <Michael.Pedigo at motorola.com> -----

From: Pedigo Michael-G17060 <Michael.Pedigo at motorola.com>
To: "'samba at samba.org'" <samba at samba.org>
Subject: Core Dump issue with Solaris8 and 2.2.8a
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:40:16 -0500

Hello,

I am NOT an advanced UNIX admin and am fairly new to Samba, and am seeking
your advice for this issue.  It would seem that when I install the new Samba
2.2.8a on Solaris8 systems that SWAT core dumps.  You are prompted for
username and password...and once the authentication takes place, the SWAT
tool never comes up, and a core dump is found in the swat directory.  I
called SUN on this and they seemed to be aware of the issue, but does not
support Samba except in Solaris9.  Are you aware of this issue, and do you
know how to remedy?

I appreciate any help or direction you are willing to provide!

Thanks,

Michael T. Pedigo
Systems Administrator -- Engineering Systems
Motorola -- Automotive Communications and Electronics Systems
847-862-2359 -- michael.pedigo at motorola.com

----- End forwarded message -----
--
Martin