[Samba] Windows File Attributes are Read-Only

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Sep 23 23:36:54 GMT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Evan Panagiotopoulos wrote:

> I created a Samba share, I'm able to map a network drive to it from
> my Windows XP computer. I am able to read, write, delete files
> without any problem.
>
> I use the mapped drive and I install a program that will have it's
> files accessed by Windows computers. No problem so far. If I check
> the properties of any file or folder its Read-Only attribute is
> checked and I can't uncheck it. On the Linux side I change all
> folders to 777.
>
> HELP!!!!

The best help I can recommend is the chapter on "File, Directory and Share
Access Controls" in the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf that ships with
Samba-3.0.0RC4. You can obtain the latest build of this that will ship
with the Samba-3.0.0 Release product from:

	http://samba.org/~jht/HOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra