[Samba] Smb question on Redhat 9. Publicly browsable printers whithout a password

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Sep 23 18:35:12 GMT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Ralph Blach wrote:

> I have samba running on redhat 9 AMD.  For Windows computers to browse my Samba server,
> a password is always ask for.  Yet I want the printer to be publicly browsable without a
> password.  How do I do this?

Read the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf that ships with samba-3.0.0RC4 in the
~samba/docs directory. Better still, buy "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and
Reference Guide" from Amazon, or your local bookstore for 730 pages puched
full of working examples and comprehensive documentation. The "Fast Start:
Cure for Impatience" chapter has fully worked examples that will perfectly
answer your questions.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra