[Samba] too much spam - filtering the mailinglist

Dave Watkins infomail at davewatkins.net
Tue Sep 23 16:17:42 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 07:57, Greg Folkert wrote:
> I have yet to delete any SPAM (Swen/Gibe) caused by this list. I believe
> you are getting them spoofed. Please look at the headers. Oh, and STOP
> USING LookOut Exploit (Outlook Express or Outlook).

I agree with Greg..... I to tried unsubbing from the list to no avail.

I have since creates a series of rules to filter out the spam based on
the subject line.

While not the ideal solution I don't think "drawing & quartering" the
infected system owner will pass in todays society.

--
Cheers,

Dave Watkins
President

"Ask me about your hardware, software and networking needs"

Abacus Technologies
1025 Fonda Court S.E.
Calgary, Alberta T2A5S1

V: 403.701.5746