[Samba] logon problems with xp pro and samba 3.0 beta2-1 debian

Seth Hollen seth at opentechinc.net
Tue Sep 23 14:17:59 GMT 2003

I have recently setup samba as a file server for a small group this. this is
my first time using samba 3.0

all clients are xp pro. some clients do not authenticate at logon, I am
having samba do all the logon checks, no ldap or pdc sync. it's annoying and
confusing the users when the have to enter in their username and password
for the share each time they logon. I never had this problem before. is
there something different I should be doing?

Take care,

Seth
727-919-1598
seth at opentechinc.net